02 Oct NPP Delegates Conference: Let’s emerge re-energised, united to ‘break the 8’ – Alan Kyerematen
The Minister for Trade and Industry, Alan Kyerematen has urged the delegates of the party to come out of their annual regional delegates conferences “re-energised” and “united” in a bid to help the party “break” the eight-year power swing jinx.
The party will, from Friday, October 1, 2021, to Friday, October 22, 2021, hold Regional Annual Delegates Conferences across all the 16 regions of the country in accordance with Article 9 of the Party’s Constitution.
In a statement signed by General Secretary, John Boadu, the party said all the conferences will be held in strict observance of all the Covid-19 protocols.
Touching on the event, Mr Kyerematen, said: “Today marks another important day in the annals of our party, the NPP as we meet once again at our annual regional delegates conference to take stock of the past year and plan for the future”.
“I urge you all to observe the protocols of masking up, sanitising and washing of hands and social-distancing”.
This year, he noted, “because of the Covid-19 pandemic, we are meeting at different venues at different times to safeguard our health”.
He added: “No matter where we find ourselves, l urge members to hold paramount the unity and well-being of the party in their deliberations”.
“Our continuous relevance in the affairs of the state depends on the cohesiveness of our party as a people of independent thought and free will”, Mr Kyerematen said.
“I pray that we come out of our conferences re-energised and united in our bid to ‘break the 8’ and keep Ghana on the path of ‘Development in Freedom’, in adherence to the motto of our great party”.
The Regional conferences shall be held in conformity with the following schedules (Dates, Venues and Zonal Arrangements), as approved by the National Executive Committee of the Party:
1) Savanna Region – Friday, October 1, 2021, at Daboya
2) Upper West – Saturday, October 2, 2021, at Wa
3) Upper East – Sunday, October 3, 2021, at Bolgatanga
4) North East – Monday, October 4, 2021, at Nalerigu
5) Northern Region – Monday, October 4 and Tuesday, October 5, 2021, at Yendi & Tolon, respectively.
6) Bono East – Wednesday, October 6, 2021, at Atebubu
7) Ahafo Region – Thursday, October 7, 2021, at Goaso
8) Bono Region – Friday, October 8, 2021, at Sunyani
9) Ashanti Region – Saturday, October 9 and Sunday, October 10, 2021, at Obuasi West/ Bekwai, Abuakwa, Ejisu, Kodie
10) Western North – Monday, October 11, 2021, at Sefwi Wiawso
11) Western Region – Tuesday, October 12, 2021, at Takoradi and Tarkwa
12) Greater Accra – Thursday, October 14 and Friday, October 15, 2021, at Tema and Accra
13) Eastern Region – Saturday, October 16, 2021, and Sunday, October 17, 2021, at Nkawkaw, and Koforidua
14) Oti Region – Monday, October 18, 2021, at Dambai
15) Volta Region – Tuesday, October 19 and Wednesday, October 20, 2021, at Ho and Sogakope
16) Central Region – Friday, October 22, 2021, and Saturday, October 23, at Cape Coast and Kasoa